Christ Has RISEN!!!

I wonder how many people actually think about the meaning behind Easter... What does the word "resurrection" mean to you? Do you look forward to this holiday thinking about the beginning of spring, baskets filled with chocolate, bunnies, and pastel dresses? Or do you think about promises kept, salvation, eternal life? Easter is my favorite holiday. More meaningful then Christmas. After all, what importance would Jesus' birth have without the life giving sacrifice of His death?? It is the fulfillment of scripture.

The older I get, the more I cherish the thought of Jesus, Lamb of God, the ultimate sacrifice. Maybe it's because I'm closer to death, more in need of His saving grace. Or maybe it's because I truly know my sinful nature and the need for atonement. Maybe, yet, it's because I'm so thankful we have the chance at eternal life, eternal families. Some people think I'm suicidal when I talk about my hopes for "death". I am not afraid to die. Sometimes, I'm darn right giddy at the thought. What greater reward for life then to die and be BORN AGAIN in Christ?! The homecoming I will have. The homecoming you will have! Those moments here on earth that are so perfect they bring tears to my eyes, that is what heaven will be. The joy, peace, contentment you feel. It fills you from head to foot. That is what it will be like ALL THE TIME!!! Can you imagine? We have that to look forward because Jesus died on the cross for us. He was buried. Three days later, HE ROSE AGAIN IN FULFILLMENT OF THE SCRIPTURE! It was a promise kept. Saving grace in it's truest form...

I was lucky enough to have Easter off this year. I was able to spend Saturday at my Aunt Heidi's with a small part of the family. I brought my nephews, Alex, Nick, and Chris, with me. It was a good time of fellowship for my family. Unfortunately, it was also the first real gathering since my grandpa joined the ranks of saints. I will swear I felt his presence sitting around the table with us. I could see him. Shoulders slightly hunched, glasses on, coffee in a mug between both hands with his wedding band gleaming. I could hear his Swiss/German accent. This was the perfect time to contemplate the meaning of Easter. Without it, I could kiss seeing my grandpa ever again goodbye. This holiday reminds me that, no matter what, we will be reunited again.

The kids all got to hunt for Easter eggs which my aunts Heidi & Kristie, my cousin Hannah & I filled and hid. It was so funny to watch one see an egg and run for it and all the other kids would follow to see if there were more in that area. It was great to see that one of the older kids would find an egg and offer it to one of the younger kids that didn't have as many eggs in their baskets. I have a truly wonderful and thoughtful family.

Today, I was able to spend Easter with my sister and her family. We had another egg hunt followed by a scrumptious meal. Then we played Mario Party 8 with my nephews. They are really good gamers. It doesn't matter they are only five. They will kick your butt at these games! Then we went to Kenny's aunt Chrissy's for a bit. Most people were gone by the time we made it, but we got to visit with a few. It's hard to try and divide your time fairly between two families, but we do try our best. Especially because both Kenny and I work weekends and holidays!

Easter evening is winding down. I'm at my computer, blogging, and Kenny is at his playing video games. We are very blessed with all that God has given us. We pray that our family and friends feel His blessings this Easter. Happy Spring and hope the rebirth of all the things around you inspire you!

posted under |
Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
My life- as a wife, mother, sister, caregiver, daughter, career woman- uncensored.

Followers

Liberal Catholic. Working mom. Chronic pain warrior. Opinionated introvert. I speak fluent sarcasm. I'm married with two kids- a girl and a boy. My son was born with Spina bifida, hydrocephalus, Arnold Chiari malformation, and bilateral club feet. I may blog about food, politics, religion, medical updates, or our life in general.

Recent Comments