Prayer List

I don't have much time to write (or sleep, eat, spend time with my loved ones, read, etc), but I want to put this out there before I hit the hay. This past month has been very difficult for some people that I'm close to.

My friend and co-worker, Ana, gave birth to a baby girl today. June Marie was 8 weeks early. Ana suffered from preeclampsia and had an emergency c-section today. The baby girl weighs 3lbs, 7 oz and is expected to be in the hospital for 4 or 5 weeks. While she is breathing on her own, she has an I.V. in that is giving her total nutrition. In a week or so, they plan on switching that to a feeding tube. She has to stay in an incubation like chamber and only 2 people, besides mom and dad, can visit her a day. This situation is not only hard because of the numerous problems that can arise from being premature, but also because the mother's health is compromised. And of course, money is always an issue. Ana will have to take more time off of work then planned and drive more than an hour each way after she is discharged from the hospital to see her daughter. Of course, no amount of money matters when it comes to your child, but it adds more stress to an already stressful situation. Please pray for this new little family. For health, reassurance, peace, and safekeeping.

The next person on my list is also a co-worker. Her sister has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and needs to have a lumpectomy done. This has obviously been a very emotional and trying time for this family. Breast cancer is a horrible disease. Ask any woman what their greatest fear is and I would bet you that a large amount would be breast cancer. After all, 1 in 8 women will get breast cancer. Please pray that the surgeons can remove the cancer, the doctors can treat the cancer, and that her recovery is smooth and quick. Please also pray that the Holy Spirit can fill her sister, her, and their family with peace and healing.

There is a person I know that will remain anonymous due to nature of this problem. His/her teen daughter is dealing with depression, thoughts of suicide, and cutting themselves. This poor girl feels worthless. She's teased and bullied in school. She has had to be admitted to the hospital twice for extended stays because of this. I cannot tell you how close to my heart this issue is. Writing about it brings tears to my eyes. NOBODY should ever feel like they are better off dead! This girl is an amazing, sweet, generous, beautiful girl. Please pray for her. Pray for self-confidence, pride, worth, happiness... Pray for the bullies that make her feel this way. That they will know what the consequences of their actions are, how they can bring someone down so low. Pray for her family. That they can surround her with love. They can have the strength to do what is best for her even when it's hard. That they can be understanding and non judgemental of her, support her.

I know the power of prayer and I trust in the Lord with all my heart. I ask that you pray with me for these people.

“Who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord and rely upon His God.” (Isaiah 50:10)

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
My life- as a wife, mother, sister, caregiver, daughter, career woman- uncensored.

Followers

Liberal Catholic. Working mom. Chronic pain warrior. Opinionated introvert. I speak fluent sarcasm. I'm married with two kids- a girl and a boy. My son was born with Spina bifida, hydrocephalus, Arnold Chiari malformation, and bilateral club feet. I may blog about food, politics, religion, medical updates, or our life in general.

Recent Comments