American Girl

I was so excited to go to the Mall of America with Kenny today. We shopped at the store "American Girl". I LOVED American Girl when I was little. For those of you that don't know, they are dolls based off of historical fiction books. My favorite girls were "Felicity" and "Addy". In the summer of '95, I worked my butt off to buy a Just Like Me doll with red hair and brown eyes. In those days, (like it was forever ago!!!) The dolls had to have bangs and no freckles. Walking around today, they had all different hairstyles and freckles! Talk about being jealous! I told Kenny that if we have a daughter, I will spoil her with "American Girl" dolls! I can't wait to go back and buy my doll (which I still do have) a new outfit and get her hair done at the doll beauty salon they have there:)

We went to the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" 3-D. It was a great movie. It's one of those that as soon as it comes out on DVD, I will buy it. Kenny said it is his new favorite movie. I was worried I wouldn't like it after all the hype it received, but I was dead wrong.

We stopped at Game Stop before we headed home and found a game for the wii that I had wanted and it was on sale! Mario and Sonic Olympic games. It's 12:30p.m. by my clock and we just finished playing it. It was great. Kenny kicked my butt on most things, but I still cleaned him out on a few things:)

Our anniversary was perfect. One of Kenny's and I first dates was to an arcade. I knew it was meant to be between us when I seen we both had the same ducky bathroom sets! We are two grown kids. Our time together is spent shopping for toys, playing in arcades, and being adult children! A saying comes to mind when I think of us. "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."

posted under , , , |
Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
My life- as a wife, mother, sister, caregiver, daughter, career woman- uncensored.

Followers

Liberal Catholic. Working mom. Chronic pain warrior. Opinionated introvert. I speak fluent sarcasm. I'm married with two kids- a girl and a boy. My son was born with Spina bifida, hydrocephalus, Arnold Chiari malformation, and bilateral club feet. I may blog about food, politics, religion, medical updates, or our life in general.

Recent Comments