I'm on Empty

My empathy bucket is empty. My give-a-damn is busted. However you choose to word it, I just don't care.

I really try hard not to rant or be negative. But there are times like this that I just can't help it. There are some people in my life, (who happen to be related, so good luck just getting rid of them!) that bathe in self pity. If they get pulled over for speeding, it's not because they were doing 65 mph in a 55 mph. Oh no, the cop must know of (insert random name here) and are out to get me. The dog gets hit my a car- it was on purpose... I seen them swerve just to hit it. They look for people to take pity on them. To hear "oh poor, poor (insert name)", is like hearing a compliment to them. I honestly don't think they can ever be happy, or grateful, for what they have in life. If something doesn't go wrong, they'll make it go wrong. They're sneaky and conniving like that. That drama is what gets them out of bed each morning.

I know that everyone falls on hard time. There are just some weeks (or months!) where you cannot catch a break. The washer needs to be replaced, the car broke down, and you have to pay the dentist out the whazoo to fix the tooth you chipped! But even during those times, there are silver linings. You just need to look for them. These people, however, will take those silver linings and make a noose out of them! And, after you've bent over backwards trying to help them or been shoulder to cry on, they find fault with something you've done. So finally, you get tired of their black hole of negativity and tell them- "if you don't like it, change it already!" If your me, this is followed by some very mean words, a couple of emails from them and other family members (who, of course, heard how awful you've been to "poor _____"), a few nasty messages on facebook, and multiple posts that are aimed towards you.

I'm an open person. As far as having secrets is concerned, I can't keep my mouth shut long enough. So if someone is mad at me and calling me names behind my back, I will openly call them out in front of everybody. Why? Because if you don't have the balls to say it to my face, within hearing distance (or facebook distance!) of other family members, than maybe you should reconsider telling all your lies. If your offended I call you out when your being mean and unreasonable, then you need to look in instead of out. Maybe, just maybe, the problem is you and not the rest of the world.

I do complain. I am unreasonable at times. But if I sit down and think about things, I can be pretty objective. I have been known to lash out then get down on my knees and beg for forgiveness. Not this time. I'm not asking for an all out brawl, just a little respect for my decision to not have this person in my life. I'm civil at functions that we all have to attend. But don't ask me to go out of my way for this person. I've already done that and it's gotten me no where. And don't you dare judge me without knowing the full story! Frankly, I don't have the energy to argue with you and I just don't care.

posted under |
Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
My life- as a wife, mother, sister, caregiver, daughter, career woman- uncensored.

Followers

Liberal Catholic. Working mom. Chronic pain warrior. Opinionated introvert. I speak fluent sarcasm. I'm married with two kids- a girl and a boy. My son was born with Spina bifida, hydrocephalus, Arnold Chiari malformation, and bilateral club feet. I may blog about food, politics, religion, medical updates, or our life in general.

Recent Comments