To Buy or Not To Buy!

My digital camera, a Canon Powershot 10.1 megapixel, broke early July. Ever since then, I have been looking and researching cameras, trying to find one I like. Do I want to go with a compact point and shoot? Something a like my Canon? Or do I want to try a D-SLR?



First, I want to say, I loved everything about my Canon except for the size. It's not a camera you can stick in your purse for a night out on the town. Let's be honest. That is when some of the best candid pics of you and your friends happen! I wouldn't bring it out for fear I would break it or lose it. And where the heck would I put it? I can't leave it around my neck while I try to dance! I loved the speed, ease of use, and different functions that it had built right into it. I've used it on all sorts occasions and rarely come out with a bad shot.



Pretty much the reason's stated above are the reasons I would go with a compact point and shoot. Then I found out I would have to choose between an ion battery or double a's. No way on Earth would I be stuck without a way to recharge my camera fast! How many times have you been out sight seeing and your camera dies? I wanted the double a batteries so I could pack spares and not miss a shot. Of all the models I've looked at, Nikon wins hands down. But even that compared to what I had paled in comparison.



Looking and SLR's, I'm lost. I want to be able to use all the functions my new camera has. Would this kind be to hard to figure out? Would I need to take a class just to work my camera? I am not one of those people that can read something and understand it right away. I do much better if someone shows me how to do it and explains things simply. I'm not an idiot. That's just my learning style. I'm an amateur photographer. I like to take stills, poses, and candids. I love taking funky and unique pictures. This type of camera would allow me to do that. I think I need to go camera shopping and try the camera's "hand's on" to see if this would fit me.



The camera that is winning in my mind is the newer version of the Canon Powershot that I had. I already know how to use it. I love that fact that the LCD screen is variable. It has all the functions I want and it takes great pictures. It sounds like it should be a no brainer. I am one of those people that need to research big purchases and know I'm getting the most for my money. Until I feel confidant in that decision, I'll keep debating.

With a new camera, I want a new photo editing program. I want one that can do all sorts of cool stuff and really enhance the pictures I take. I was looking at one online and really liked it. Until I seen the price. $699!!! I don't even know if I'm willing to spend that much on a camera, let alone software! So, any suggestions for an easy to use, reasonably priced program would be appreciated!

posted under |
Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
My life- as a wife, mother, sister, caregiver, daughter, career woman- uncensored.

Followers

Liberal Catholic. Working mom. Chronic pain warrior. Opinionated introvert. I speak fluent sarcasm. I'm married with two kids- a girl and a boy. My son was born with Spina bifida, hydrocephalus, Arnold Chiari malformation, and bilateral club feet. I may blog about food, politics, religion, medical updates, or our life in general.

Recent Comments